America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Monday, May 4, 2009

2009 Blue Hills Classic 35+

Many of you missed a good race Sunday! I lined up in the 35 race with Joe, Kyle, Adam, Matt, and Alain. This race was ours to lose! Unfortunately we lost our star sprinter when Matt's chain broke on the hill of lap 3. Kyle stayed back to offer help him to reconnect with the field, but we were screaming around the course at too high a speed for two guys to TT back.. After being lapped they jumped back in to try and help Alain score a win, but the some expressed disapproval of this tactic. Joe accompanied me in the shelter of the field for many laps, making me feel less isolated and more comfortable on the hill, where I was very nervous about getting gapped or worse. I didn't see Joe on lap 5 or 6- hope he's okay. This left Alain, myself and Adam for the uphill finish finale. The last kilometer was an all out drag race. I started my hill sprint too early, and would have had top 10 if the finish was 100 meters sooner. We each emptied our respective tanks and the chips fell where you see us on the results: teens, 20s and 30s. Excuses? Adam had a race in his legs from Sat. Alain had cramping issues on the final lap. Me, I had confidence issues relative to last weekend and the 2008 Blue Hills, where I was brutally shelled. It was a good day of racing in ideal weather. Nice work guys.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: