America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Monday, September 22, 2008

Race Report: New England Velo Cross Challenge

As told by the less attractive half of Team Samartano:
Lynn, Wild Bill, Lyons, Judge (we call him jay now, it just fits better) myself, left for The New England Velo-Cross Challenge in NH at 5:ish this am. We were among the first to arrive, which gave us a chance to pre-ride the course. Lynn had a real good warm up and a good feeling about the course. She got a very good start, the second woman into the woods, quickly picking off the lead rider. She held on for a few strong laps, but, alas one rider got by. She place second in her first cyclocross race of the year!My race was next, I got the holeshot into the woods, only to fall while trying to ride up the first run up. Lost 5 places during my momentary loss of judgment. The next laps were spent fighting for spots. With three to go I was in second place and could see the leader. I fought hard in the power sections but I could not reel him in. I finished second with a severe case of lung burn.Wild Bill? He's racing Sucker Brook tomorrow, so he took it easy on the competion, no reason to show all your cards this early in the season.
2008 New England Velo Cross Challenge Full Results

No comments: